Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fun

My blog has been a little serious the last few posts, so here's some craftiness to mix it up a bit :) I think I may have too many projects going on! So, to help myself I must make a list:

1. I cut out a pair of PJ pants from a pink sheet bought from Goodwill - I think I will sew them up today. The great part of sewing from a sheet is that since there is a seam on the bottom I don't have to put in a hem!
2. I have been diligently knitting at lunchtime on the baby blanket for hubby's cousins baby who is probably almost 6 months old by now! I figure if I at least do one or two rows every day or two I'll get it done eventually!
3. Sort of a secret knitting project since it is going to be a gift - BUT I found the cutest pattern for a dish towel at the knitting pattern central - and I can't wait to try it out! It's one that has a shape knitted into it in a texture. I bought the yarn yesterday at Joann's. Can't for the life of me remember what color my friends kitchen is, so picked fairly neutral colors!
4. I found this fun package of sequins, beads, and pins at the thrift that was like a kit to make a Christmas ornament. I did not exactly want to make an ornament since Christmas was over when I started it - I had a styrofoam shape of a tree and at first thought it might not turn out Christmasy. But, it is so once I finish I'll just put it away for next year. It's turning out cute though - I wrapped the tree in ribbon and am sticking the beads and sequins all over with the pins. Very sparkly.
5. Felt and glitter - so many options! I am going to make some sort of Valentine decorations...possibly a wall hanging thing? I don't know, I just know I love glitter and felt LOL!

No comments: