Sunday, June 14, 2015

garland

I had one of those moments yesterday (Saturday) that I just suddenly had to make something!  Like stop whatever you're doing and make it kind of thing.  I picked out some bright prints that mesh well together and then made a little template, and then stitched up these little flags for a banner.  Then! felt like I needed a crochet border.  I found a clever tutorial online from a google search where she did a back stitch along the edge and then used that as an anchor to crochet onto the fabric.  I actually almost just left the back stitching because even just that is cute.
This was my first idea of yarn, buuuuuuuuut it's like so thin that I had a hard time keeping hold of it and also would have to crochet a million stitches so I abandoned it for a thicker yarn.  Which, apparently I'm a little Goldilocks about it because it's just too thick.  In lieu of buying more yarn (!) I'm dealing with it.  Next time though.

Here is what I ended up with, I do like the way it looks.  It's very cheery, yes?

Today I sat in the back yard and Rocky napped next to me.  It's a ruff life.  Seriously though.
 And!  made these delicious kabobs for dinner.  O.M.G. so good.  I marinated the chicken in a mesquite mix that is a little bit spicy and a lotta bit yummy :)

In other news, book news.  I finished the last book in the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare called Clockwork Princess.  I had been listening to the series on CD while sewing, knitting and stitching.  I really liked it.  It was kind of like a prequel to the Mortal Instrument series by the same author that I had started but the next book wasn't available at the library.  So it's set in the 1800's England, it's fantasy that includes otherworldly creatures, warlocks, magic.  I don't want to give too much of the story away but I will say that there is a love triangle situation and then ending was pretty satisfying.  I still cried a ton but really the author worked everyone's story out.  

I have to say I can't really handle love stories.  I mean, I can and I can't.  I feeeeel like romance stories set up huge expectations that just don't happen in real life.  Well. At least to me they don't.  And, we all know as a widow I really miss my love and wish I still had it.  ugggggg. so that was part of what made me cry at the end of that story.  But!  good story and characters and all that.

And, I popped into the library today and they had the rest of the books on CD in the other series so I snapped them up :)

Hey, have a fantab week!

No comments: