Thursday, March 5, 2009

Waiting for Spring

Sorry, still no pics! I need to get new batteries for my camera I believe, but actually remembering that in the store? Not so much.
I started my new job this past Monday, and I think it's going to be good :) I'm getting my desk organized and situated the way I like things - everything easy to find and grab quickly when I need it. All the ladies and the Doctor seem very cool so far, and I hope it stays that way.
I have been knitting and also a little crochet, and embroidery (!). I was in the big resale store, it's one of those places you can have a booth and sell whatever, and there's a giant booth that has glassware. I was perusing the aisles and happened upon some older magazines, books, etc. What caught my eye was an old knitting pattern book. Of course it was in a plastic thing where you had to buy it all and truly I did not want it all. I copied down a pattern for a neat short scarf and that's the knitting project (among like 2 others) that I've been working on at lunch time. I think it may take awhile b/c the yarn is super skinny.
I kind of want to make a crochet animal or something to that effect - or knit? They just are so dern cute! What would I possibly do with it though??? hmm.
In other news, we started our new bible study last week and this one may be a doozy! It's another Beth Moore one, Esther. Already I think it's been good.
Also, it's still snowing. I'm just hoping for now that at least by July it will stop. Maybe? Or at least be warm some day. Although, this year really has been better than last year so I should not complain.

No comments: